Welcome from the Headmistress
I am delighted to share with you something of what we can offer members of our staff community. St Helen and St Katharine is one of the leading girls’ schools in the country and the whole community is justifiably proud of a tradition of high aspiration and academic achievement.
We enjoy significant academic success each year, so much of which is due to our teachers’ ambition, passion and willingness to go above and beyond for each student.
In addition, we offer a range of professional opportunities in our support staff team. Whether in catering, administration, maintenance, communications, admissions or finance, all staff are valued members of the school community.
The range of training and professional development opportunities we support is enormously diverse. We have for example helped sponsor staff through their PGCE or Masters as well as NVQs in Hospitality and Catering; offered managers coaching training; and sent aspiring leaders on ISQAM, the HMC/GSA accredited academic management programme, to name a few.
Our love of learning extends beyond the teaching of the curriculum. We are fiercely proud of the success of our staff, we understand how much they contribute to the success of our students and are committed to seeing them thrive as professionals in their field.
Mrs Rebecca Dougall, Headmistress
- Competitive salaries; a relocation allowance may be available for certain posts
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Teachers are eligible to join the Teachers' Pension Scheme; support staff may join a stakeholder pension scheme
- Diverse training and professional development programme
- Employee Assistance Programme – offering free and confidential advice
- Free use of the Sports Centre facilities including a fitness suite, ergo suite, group cycle studio and a weekly spin class
- Award-winning free school lunch, plus refreshments available in the staff room during the day and after school
- On-site parking
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free eye tests and annual flu vaccination
- Access to well-stocked school library
- Access to wide range of school events
St Helen's is a National Modern Languages SCITT hub working to provide a diverse range of classroom experience for trainee teachers - find out more.
Read our staff stories to find out more about working lives at St Helen's.
Our current teaching and support staff vacancies are listed below. All job applicants are requested to complete an application form and read the School's Safer Recruitment Policy, Staff Privacy Notice and Safeguarding policies - Child Protection, Prevent and Online Safety. If you wish to discuss any aspect of working at St Helen and St Katharine, please contact our Human Resources team on 01235 520173 or by email.
Deputy Bursar and Finance Manager
Required from June 2020
Closing date: Tuesday 4 February 2020 at noon
Interviews: Monday 10 February 2020 or Wednesday 12 February 2020
Second Stage Interviews: Monday 24 February 2020
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.